Just like precious artwork or beloved clothing, fine jewelry needs special care in order to maintain its beauty for years to come. Famed jewelry designer Hulchi Belluni’s jewelry care guide has the expert advice you need to make sure your fine jewelry stays just as stunning as the day you got it.
Caring for Your Fine Jewelry
All fine jewelry should be treated with love and care. Always wipe it clean with a soft, slightly damp cloth after wearing to get rid of dirt, makeup, or other impurities and store it in a soft cloth, bag, or jewelry box to keep it safe from scratches and dents. Do not wear fine jewelry to bed or when swimming, cleaning, or showering, as chemicals like chlorine, soaps, and detergents can damage metals and gems.
Caring for Diamond Jewelry
Though diamonds are one of the hardest substances in the world, they still need proper care:
- Take off diamonds before doing rough work as strong blows can chip them.
- Avoid wearing them around chemicals like chlorine or cleaning solutions
- Wash them regularly with a soft-bristled toothbrush and warm, soapy water.
- Store your diamonds separately from one another and other jewelry to avoid scratches
Caring for Gemstone Jewelry
Colored gems also require specialized care. This is particularly true with stones that were heated or treated to enhance their color. To keep gemstone jewelry safe and beautiful, be sure to:
- Avoid contact with chemicals, saltwater, hairspray, and perfume, as well as sudden temperature changes
- Clean them regularly with lukewarm water and a soft, clean cloth.
- Store them in cotton wraps or bags, not plastic
Do keep in mind that emeralds, opals, and tanzanite gems are extra-sensitive and therefore require specialized care.
Caring for Gold & Platinum Jewelry
Even subtle or simple gold and platinum pieces need care. To keep your precious metals beautiful, be sure to:
- Clean them regularly by soaking in lukewarm, soapy water and gently scrubbing with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Don’t forget to rinse and pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Take them off before exercising, bathing, gardening, swimming, or doing housework.
- Avoid contact with cleaning solutions, chlorine, hairspray, perfume, and sweat.
Hulchi Belluni at F. Silverman Jewelers
You can trust that these care tips will keep your fine jewelry gorgeous wear after wear, year after year.
If you’re looking to add to your collection, F. Silverman is here to help. We are honored to offer an exquisite selection of Hulchi Belluni jewelry. This exceptional designer is best known for feminine, sensual, and stunning jewelry, from pendants and bracelets to earrings, rings, and more in precious metals, diamonds, and colored gems. Each item in our Hulchi Belluni line is handmade in Arezzo, Italy but rooted in the ancient Eastern concepts of Hul and Feng Shui to bring harmony, balance, and chi energy.
Stop by our state-of-the-art showroom in Woodcliff Lake, NJ, to see our breathtaking collection of Hulchi Belluni designs for yourself.