New Year’s Resolution: Update Your Jewelry
The end of one year and the beginning of another is the perfect time to turn over a new leaf, regardless of whether you’re in the habit of making New Year’s resolutions or not. And chances are, you’ve spent part of the holiday season attending parties and family get-togethers. If you had trouble putting together the perfect outfit because it seems like you’ve already worn the same pieces of jewelry hundreds of times before, then the New Year is the right time to break out of your jewelry rut.
Evaluate your current jewelry style
Before you can break out of your jewelry rut, you need to evaluate your current jewelry style so that you can look for ways to change things up. Here’s a look at some common jewelry styles.
- Whimsical: You have a whimsical jewelry style if you’re all about the fun, unique details. You might wear a teacup charm on your bracelet or a unicorn around your neck. You might show up to work with multicolored neon hair. A childlike sense of wonder and whimsy infuses your personality.
- Romantic: You have a romantic jewelry style if you prefer pieces that speak to your feminine sense of grace, beauty, and timelessness. You enjoy delicate chains and rose gold.
- Artsy: You have an artsy jewelry style if you’re on the edge of fashion trends. You know how to spot unique pieces that will trend before anyone else thinks to wear them. You enjoy off-beat selections that are on the edgier side of whimsical.
- Larger Than Life: You have a larger than life jewelry style if you prefer loud, vibrant statement pieces that call attention to yourself in a dramatic way.
- Classic: You have a classic jewelry style if you would feel right at home in an Audrey Hepburn movie. Pearls are your middle name, and you have more classic LBDs than you can count.
Try new materials or colors
Now that you have a handle on your jewelry style, consider how you can switch it up. If you have a classic style, consider adding some fashion jewelry to your collection alongside your fine jewelry. Try bold new colors like vibrant green or daring yellow. If you have an artsy style, consider adding a few feminine pieces, like a delicate teardrop pendant necklace. Trying new materials or colors is an easy way to shake up your style and embrace a new look for 2019.
Check out the anticipated jewelry trends for 2019
Another way to change up your style is to take a look at the jewelry trends for 2019, and selecting a few pieces that you ordinarily would bypass. Heavy hoop earrings are expected to be in this year, so if you have a feminine style and you usually select delicate hoops, choose a pair that will dangle more boldly. Enamel jewelry is also in this year. If you have a classic jewelry style, you could switch things up by adding the playful colors and unexpected designs of enamel.
Find your new look at F. Silverman Jewelers in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
No matter which new look you choose for 2019, you can find the right rings, necklaces, diamond earrings, and bracelets at F. Silverman Jewelers. Visit our new location in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey to browse our extensive collection of fine and fashion jewelry by top name designers, including Mattioli, Charles Krypell, India Hicks, and Honora—just to name a few. Our expert jewelers look forward to helping you select the perfect pieces to complete your new look. Call 201.930.8883 or stop by our shop today!
- Who What Wear, The 9 Spring Jewelry Trends Everyone Will Be Buying in 2019, https://www.whowhatwear.com/jewelry-trends-spring-2019
- Vogue, Fresh From the Spring 2019 Runways, 7 New Jewelry Trends and How to Wear Them, https://www.vogue.com/article/top-jewelry-trends-spring-2019-runways