Diamond accents are real diamonds. The term “accent” refers to how they are used to accentuate a larger center stone, as these smaller diamonds are still graded for Cut, Color, Clarity, and Carat and are still valuable.
Sometimes referred to as accent diamonds, these gems are simply smaller diamonds that are placed around large diamonds to enhance the overall beauty of the diamond ring, necklace, earring, bracelet, or any other kind of jewelry piece.
Does Your Jewelry Need Accent Stones?
Not every diamond is framed by accents. However, when used correctly, accent diamonds can greatly increase a jewelry piece’s sparkle, style, volume, and even overall value. Though they lack that “wow factor” on their own, accents are ideal for elevating the beauty of the center diamond.
Accent Diamond Types
There are four main types of diamond accents, each with their own unique shape and ideal placement:
- Round – As the name denotes, round accent diamonds are simply small, round diamonds. They’re most often used in halo, channel, or pace settings since they’re very sparkly but also subtle.
- Marquis – Since marquis diamonds are ovals that have been cut to points on both the top and the bottom, they make stunning contrasts to the sharper lines of princess and emerald center stones. Their unique oval shape also makes them very versatile, so they can be used in many different settings and patterns.
- Baguette – These accent diamonds have a long rectangular shape with tapered edges, like the French bread from which they get their name. Generally, baguettes are placed on either side of a large diamond. Their long, thin shape also makes them an ideal choice to place around the length of a ring or bracelet in a channel setting.
- Trillion – Trillion diamonds get their name from their triangular shape that creates trillions of intense sparkles. Since they’re so brilliant on their own, these diamonds pair best with oval, round, or radiant diamonds that have plenty of their own sparkle.
How to Choose Diamond Accents
You can go in so many different directions with accent diamonds, each more gorgeous than the last. Where do you start?
- Choose the Proper Size – You don’t want the accent diamond to outshine the center stone, so make sure it’s not larger than 15% of the center stone’s size.
- Make Sure They Match – Accent stones that don’t match the size, color, and clarity of the main diamond will be too distracting.
- Play With Shape – You don’t have to have accent diamonds that are the exact same shape as the center diamond. Try different shape combinations until you find one you like.
F. Silverman Jewelers in Bergen County
F. Silverman Jewelers has been providing Bergen County with fine jewelry for over 20 years. You can count on our expert staff to help you find the best diamond accents to complete your rings, diamond necklaces, diamond bracelets, diamond earrings, and more. Stop by our Woodcliff Lake, NJ showroom today to learn more about diamond accents and or contact us to find the perfect piece.