Accessorizing your bikini with silver and gold trinkets – is that a do, or a don’t? While you may want to leave your wedding band or diamond engagement ring at home, wearing jewelry to the beach is a definite yes—as long as you’re careful! Many ladies have been told to leave their precious baubles at home for fear of losing them in the water or sand— particularly fine heirloom pieces.
There is no harm in complementing your sun-kissed skin, flowing sarong and swimsuit with a few jewelry pieces. After all, some women just feel more put together with a glimmer of gold here or there. So without further ado, here’s your guide to some of the best beach jewelry for 2016 and some tips to prevent damaging your fashion-forward accessories.
Get your best beach jewelry look
If you’re going for a ‘casual’ beachy look, keep your jewelry minimal and simple. In other words, you can amp up your beach outfit with earrings and a necklace or a statement ring and stacking bracelets, but not all three. Keep in mind that pieces that feature silk or thread weaving are not designed to withstand moisture or wear and tear, and salt water can do a number on fine jewelry.
Whether you’re taking in some rays by the pool or at the beach, always remove jewelry before swimming or any sports activities. Both sweat and chlorine can damage jewelry, ruining their luster and finish. If your beach plans are focused on sipping mojitos with friends, or attending a sand-and-surf fiesta, the following trinkets are sure to complement your newly-bronzed skin.
- A sexy belly chain: Worn by the likes of Beyonce and Rihanna, a belly chain is a great way to show off those toned abs. Keep in mind that sterling silver is prone to changing color in salt water, so it’s better to opt for a chain crafted in yellow or rose gold (or gold-plated).
- Bohemian-style beaded bracelets: Nothing says beachy quite like a gypsy bracelet featuring Peruvian Opal, colored beads and a cotton tassel. Mix and match these fun pieces to customize your summer goddess style.
- Ocean-inspired necklaces: Get the look you want with a crochet sea glass necklace adorned in delicate shades of turquoise, azure and deep emerald green.
- Abalone shell statement earrings: Luminous squares of pearlescent abalone dangle from micro thin silver wires.
- Beaded beach ring: An exquisite addition to your beach jewelry collection, this precious ring features a gorgeous design with matte beads in ocean-worthy colors (brown, turquoise, and mint green).
Shop affordable beach jewelry at F. Silverman
For that irresistible piece of beach jewelry, from bold rings to earrings and chunky bracelets, we invite you to shop Bergen County’s most trusted jeweler – F. Silverman. Some of our best-selling beach pieces are offered by Zable Beads and other leading designers.